Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Two Days Off

Today I took a nice six mile run after two days off. I was actually happy to go out and run, which isn't how I usually feel lately. My legs felt fresh and so did my mind. Nice for a change. I took a departure from my usual trail and trotted up through a hilly residential neighborhood. Then I headed over to my recently discovered favorite place--an urban nature conservancy--and allowed myself to stop and look for bullfrogs in the pond. I saw one, and a turtle, too, and then moved on. 

After a spring in which I ran three half marathons and the Big Sur 21-miler, I'm feeling a little burned out on running. I know that taking a break can rejuvenating, but I need pretty vigorous exercise every day to burn calories, so I have got to figure that out I guess. More biking? Hiking? Walking hard? I love all of those things too, but they take up more time and aren't as convenient. 

Soon I'll be heading to Eldora Bootcamp, which will shake things up for me. Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment